Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lasagna from SCRATCH and I'm not even Italian

  I made a lasagna from scratch the other night! It turned out great. Olive Garden would be embarrassed if they could have tried it. But anyway if you're like me and love lasagna but don't like paying extra for store bought gluten free pasta then this is for you!
     To start with make the lasagna noodles. Put a pot of water on to boil. Mix an egg, a cup of gluten free flour and  two table spoons of water.  You don't want to do too much on the water. I should probably say I'm one of those people who annoy others when I cook because I don't measure. But I have tried my best to make sure this is as accurate. Any more accurate and I would be in your kitchen cooking with you.
     Ok back to the recipe. As you mix it will form a dough. Roll it out flat and cut it in strips the size of lasagna noodles. Your water should be ready by now. Dump your pasta in. Let that boil about 25-30 minutes while you brown your meat. I use two pounds of ground turkey. You can use ground beef if you prefer. I like to add garlic salt and onion powder to the meat while it cooks. And I also add italian seasoning and oregano. After you brown the meat drain the grease. Put it back in the skillet and add a small can of tomato sauce, tomato paste and diced tomatoes. I use fresh tomatoes  but you can buy a can of diced tomatoes if you like.
        Once that is all mixed in let it simmer. Get another egg, 12 ounces of cottage cheese, and a cup (or more if you want) of mozzerrella cheese. Mix together. Now check your pasta. Drain the water and also run cold water over it. Once your noodles are cooled enough to later a baking pan. I use a 9x13 pan to make a lot. Layer the bottom with noodles. Then with the tomato/meat sauce and next with the egg/cheese mixture. Then repeat. Once I'm done I add extra cheese and I like to add extra garlic, onion, italian seasoning and oregano. I just sprinkle it on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment