Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Did ya miss me?

    It's been a little while since I posted. I have had sick kids. A one and two year old both with double ear infections equals exhausted parents! I got some rest and now it's time for mama to get back to raising awareness! My last one was pretty heavy so I think we need to get back to the fun and upbeat stuff!
     In  today's economy society is trying to juggle time, money and life style. And for us Celiacs we have to juggle extra cost, extra time and the high possibility of our system being attacked by gluten. But really who doesn't enjoy going out to dinner or staying in and ordering a pizza? You do, well you did before you got diagnosed anyway. Well don't worry friends there is hope!
   I am still able to eat some of my favorite foods! I LOVE pizza and enchiladas.  I have found some great recipes to make each and also a way to eat them out! We are frequent flyers to a little mexican place by our house. This is our favorite place to eat in town. We walk in and they know our names and have our orders memorized. I wouldn't want to let a food allergy cause me to give that up! 
        Depending on what you like you can order it to suit your allergy. When I order enchiladas I make sure to let them know I want corn instead of flour because I am highly allergic. I don't know where you live but more and more pizza places have started carrying gluten free crusts for their Celiac customers. Gluten free food is getting better and better!
      





No comments:

Post a Comment